Foreign Direct Investment in the United States (FDIUS)
Foreign Direct Investment in the United States known as (FDIUS) totaled nearly $83.6 billion in the first quarter of 2017, a 62 percent increase over fourth-quarter 2016.
Foreign companies invested more in the United States than any other country in the world in 2016 and has been responsible for the employment of millions of Americans in well-paying jobs.
There are any number of reasons why foreign investors prefer the American economy. First, and perhaps most important, the United States has one of the most open markets and investment climates in the world. Other advantages attracting foreign companies include:
- an unrivaled consumer market;
- a world-class system of higher education;
- a skilled and productive workforce;
- an entrepreneurial culture of innovation and risk taking;
- political stability;
- a transparent regulatory environment; and,
- the largest venture capital and private equity market in the world.